Chicken Panzanella Salad
Posted on November 11, 2021
This festive looking salad packs a satisfying punch! It's perfect as a complete meal, or a hearty side dish at a family barbeque.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 4 thick slices sourdough, cut into 2cm cubes
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 16 pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Prepare chicken according to package directions, mixing in ½ tsp salt. Mould into 4 patties, then fry over medium heat in 3 Tbsp oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and slice into bite sized pieces.
- Using the same pan, add another 2 Tbsp oil and toss the bread cubes over medium heat to toast them.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes, a generous pinch of salt, toasted bread cubes and balsamic vinaigrette until well combined. Add in the remaining ingredients, including the chicken, and toss to combine. Serve up immediately - Buon Appetito!