Maple Bacon Doughnuts
Posted on September 03, 2021
These easy vegan doughnuts are the perfect indulgence! Enjoy them whilst still hot with a crispy outside covered with sweet maple-bacony goodness and a soft and fluffy inside. YUM!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Oil for frying
- 500g pizza dough, at room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning
- Follow pre-made pizza dough instructions to allow enough time for rising of the dough.
- Fill a small saucepan with oil, 5cm deep, and heat on a medium-high setting.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning so it is well combined.
- Pinch off small golf-ball-sized pieces of dough and roll into balls. Once oil is hot enough that a tiny piece of dough sizzles when dropped in, carefully place the dough balls in the oil and fry in batches.
- Using metal tongs, turn the doughnuts over so that they cook and go golden brown on all sides, about 2 - 4 mins. Once fully golden, remove the doughnuts from the oil and place immediately in the sugar mixture. Roll well to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Serve warm and make sure you get in quick! They’re sure to be a hit!
Pro tip: buy fresh pizza dough from the fridge or deli section at your supermarket to save time.
Grab your Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.