Moroccan Apricot Chicken
Posted on March 09, 2021
This vibrant plant-based Moroccan dish is aromatic, with just a hint of sweetness from the apricots. Deceptively simple, this tantalizing dish is made with simple ingredients. Perfect served on a bed of fluffy couscous!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1/4 tsp vegan chicken stock powder
For the Couscous:
- 1-3/4 cups chicken style or vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups couscous
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup apricot jam or preserve
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch - alternatively try corn-starch or arrowroot flour
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
- Using your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken, follow directions on the box and shape into tenders.
- In a mixing bowl coat, the tenders in the chicken stock powder. Set aside.
- For the couscous, bring broth/water, salt, vegan butter, and oil to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the couscous, cover tightly with a lid, and remove from heat. Let the couscous steam for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the couscous and break up any clumps. Set aside.
- For the sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a hot fry pan, sear off and cook chicken tenders. Once browned, add the contents of the sauce onto the tenders, on a low heat, and heat until the sauce thickens.
- To serve, plate the couscous, and place the sticky chicken tenders on top and finish with any leftover sauce. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.