Posted on June 09, 2021
A vegan twist on a Swedish classic! This Swedish meatball recipe will warm you up from the inside out with its hearty mashed potatoes and delicious plant-based pork meatballs. Perfect for winter...or any time, really!
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- ½ medium onion, very finely diced
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 270ml chilled water
- 1 cup vegan gravy, prepared
- 1 Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Meanwhile, mix together the meatball ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Using clean wet hands, roll the mix into about 16 small meatballs and place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins, or until a fork can easily pierce through.
- Meanwhile, heat a thin layer of oil in a large frypan on a medium setting, then fry the meatballs until golden all over..
- Mix the vegan gravy, cream cheese and worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Pour the sauce into the pan with meatballs and stir to coat.
- Drain the potatoes once cooked and mash. Add the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix well.
- Serve the mashed potato in shallow bowls, topped with the meatballs and gravy. Garnish with cracked pepper and parsley (optional) to make it look amazing!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free shipping for all orders over €25.